In addition to bodily injuries sustained in accidents, people often suffer head trauma from blunt force and/or whiplash. This trauma to the brain and the associated emotional/psychological trauma requires proper assessment and treatment. It is essential to accurately assess and find a treatment that can help you or a loved one that has experienced a traumatic event.
At Complete Injury Management, we work directly with neurologists and other medical professionals to assist in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of brain injuries and emotional trauma. We are dedicated to helping people recover from these brain injuries with the best possible outcomes.
What is a Neuropsychological Evaluation?
A full neuropsychological assessment includes evaluation of cognition and intelligence, executive functioning skills, attention and concentration, motor skill processes, language, learning, and memory. Each evaluation includes a comprehensive psychological evaluation with a focus on achieving mental health, emotional stability, and robust personality function.
A neuropsychological evaluation may be indicated for individuals with the following histories. We strive to only make a recommendation or consider requests for neuropsychological assessments after thoroughly reviewing records, prior testing, medical findings, and client input:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and concussions, and associated impact on brain function.
- Substance abuse, including chemical agents such as heroin, cocaine, alcohol, marijuana, hallucinogens, synthetic drugs, and prescribed medications, which can impact brain functioning.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and associated difficulties with attention and executive function.
- Learning difficulties, including specific weaknesses in academic areas.
- Neurodevelopmental delays, including Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Treatment-resistant clients can reveal underlying neurological issues that may be impeding therapeutic progress.
Interview and data collection.
Administration of psychological and cognitive tests.
Post Testing Meeting with your doctor to discuss test results and recommendations.
A report will be generated as promptly as possible.
Assessment tools are only as valuable as the recommended interventions that follow. Each client receives a comprehensive report that explains issues of concern, the prognosis for treatment, and a thorough list of well-established interventions for the best possible recovery.
Initial And Ongoing Support
Our affiliates work to accommodate client needs by conducting these assessments in person and via telehealth when necessary to ensure the most convenient process possible for all clients. A CIM affiliate will be available to assist you in accessing any of the recommendations in your personal report, and are always available for re-evaluation after treatment interventions, follow-up assistance with emerging questions, and consultation along the path to recovery.
Contact us today to find a Neuropsychologist near you.